When the first AWARE article came out, it did not catch my eye.
However, on the second day, the words
"Aware presented the 2008 Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (Cedaw) shadow report to the United Nations. It runs programmes that educate women on financial independence, provides free legal advice and counselling to people in need, and actively campaigns "
came out, I could not stop myself from reading what this whole incident is about.
I am utterly disgusted by how whole "takeover" took place, but I am more disgusted by the kind of attitude they are reported to be carrying.
To actually elimiate a person's service (despite the fact tat she has been sitting on this committee for a long time and had even presented at UN) for no reason is not justified.
What do these new committee members know about "Violence against women"?
Do they even know what this encompass?
If they do not know what it truly means, and we are not just talking about domestic abuse or any abuse- no! we are not talking about the literal sense of "violence" here!
I would truly like to hear what they have to say.
What is their view about it? What do they know (since they have officially elimiated a veteran in tat area)? What do they intend to do? How do they intend to curb "VAW"!
Another reason that got me heated up is their attitude towards "same-sex relationship" and pro-life. This is not a place for you to impose your ideas on others, this is a place for women to find REFUGEE. How would we expect to attain the best advice, when the person giving the advice is already biased?
I believe in having an open mindset, though many conservatives would think otherwise. But this is not about you, this is about them.
I absolutely abhor people who FORCEFULLY impose their ideas upon others. Its the 21 century, its time to move on.
I support what is best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment