
I finally got a chance to watch Factory girl and it was AMAZING.
It blew me away.
I guess this is one of the movies that do not appeal to the mainstream crowd, yet it was that enticing to me.
I started off watchin this movie with no expectation. I borrowed it solely to watch sienna miller and to watch abt the life of eddie sedgwick. I knew it was not goin to be your usual movie, in fact, I thought it would be one of those films that I would regret watchin/borrowing just cos so and so is in it. Yet, it ended up being one of those films that made me sit back in awe.
The appeal of the show, to me, lies in the manner it was filmed. Sienna Miller was surprisingly good in her role too. At the same time, I think there is this darkness and sadness that draws me closer to it. Certain aspects of it reminds me so much of myself and others. Its like everything of her is found in everyone. It is something you have to watch to understand.
On the other hand, I learnt abit more of Andy Warhol, other than him and his famous "Marilyn Diptych" (which I got to view in the Tate Modern).
This show just reminded me of across the universe too. Not a hit, but another film that is worthwhile to watch.
I think I like the 60s.
Now, I am going to get my hands on Ciao! Manhatten to see the true account of eddie sedgwick.
No comments:
Post a Comment