Love song for a vampire - Annie Lennox
Come into these arms again and lay your body down.
There is among this trembling heart, is beating like a drum.
It beats for you, it bleeds for you, and knows not how it sounds.
For it is the drum of drums,
it is the song of songs.
Once I had the fairest rose that ever came to bloom.
Cruel winter chills arrived and stole my flower too soon.
Oh loneliness, oh hopelessness to search the ends of time.
For there is in all the world no greater love than mine.
Love...still falls the rain. Still falls the night. Be mine forever.
Let me be the only one to keep you from the cold.
Now the flower fair as day, the stars of brightest tone.
They shine for you, they shine for you.
They burn for all to see.
Come into these arms again and set this spirit free.
just when you thought everything is goin on fine.
the exchange of words,
the glances shot,
then you realise,
nothing has changed.
Am I not pretty enough?
Is my heart too broken?
Do I cry too much?
Am I too outspoken?
Don't I make you laugh?
Should I try it harder?
Why do you see right through me?
I laugh, I feel, I make believe its real
I fall, I freeze, I pray down on my knees
I hope, I stand, I take it like a man
I try as hard as I can
on a lighter note,
my class avg for our last essay was apparently higher than the level's avg,
so a typical teacher would be happy about it right?
well, my teacher decided to be different by asking for a review of my class papers instead.
where is the logic in this?
no wonder its often said that smart people are eccentric.
If the moon had to run away
And all the stars didn't wanna play
Don't waste the sun on a rainy day
The wind will soon blow it all away (Yeah, oh yeah)
No comments:
Post a Comment